The quality of your life in retirement may well depend on the superannuation choices you can now. Don’t leave it to chance!
Watts Price Accountants offers a range of services and advice to help you with many aspects of your superannuation needs. We also utilise the services of Paul Block, Financial Planner, from Grampians Investment Services who can assist you with your financial planning goals.
Between us we can help with many questions and areas of concerns such as:
- Deciding whether a Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) is right for you
- Setting up a Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF)
- Tax returns and financial reporting for Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF)
- Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) Trustee Responsibilities
- Binding Death Beneficiary Nominations
- Employer Superannuation Guarantee Levy (SGL)
- SuperStream requirements and processing
- Salary Sacrifice
- Government co-contributions
- Spouse Super Contributions
- Concessional & Non-Concessional Contribution Caps
- Pension and Transition to Retirement Income Stream (TRIS) information
- Help with many CentreLink issues
Paul Block can also assist with:
- Working out how much you need to comfortably retire on
- Investment plans
- Investment advice
- Insurance advice
- Estate Planning
Changes taking place in the accounting industry in relation to the provision of Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) and superannuation advice mean that from the 1st of July 2016, accountants will not be able to legally advise you about certain SMSFs and superannuation related issues unless they are licensed under an Australian Financial Services (AFS) licence.
In order to ensure we are meeting your expectations in relation to advice and to maintain our service standards, we have joined an AFS licence. We have 5 authorised represenatives (AR’s) of
SMSF Advisers Network Pty Ltd
An Australian Financial Services Licensee
AFS Licence No. 430062
Being authorised under an AFS licence does require us to adjust the way in which we provide our superannuation advice to you:
- When we provide advice for the first time, we will provide you with a Financial Services Guide (FSG) which we will ask you to sign off.
- The information that supports our recommendations (your current situation and objectives) will need to be documented and held on file.
- Any advice given to you will be presented in writing in a document called a Statement of Advice (SOA). This will also require your sign off.
While these extra requirements will change the delivery of our service, we have worked to ensure that this will have minimal impact on you while ensuring stringent quality requirements are being adhered to!
If you wish to discuss the above matter in more detail, please feel free to contact us on 03 5382 3001.
The Management Team
Watts Price Accountants