10 Tips for Success This Year
Looking for some advice on how to start 2010 on the right foot? Well read our 10 Tips below and get inspired to make this year your best year yet!
- Plan – Set your business and personal objectives for the year and work on a strategy to achieve them. Put this on paper and review it regularly!
- Marketing – Get out there and market your business and remember there are plenty of in-expensive marketing options available if the cost is holding you back. Don’t be the best kept secret in town!
- Leadership – Your business needs a strong leader, set the example you want your staff to follow and one that your clients will admire. Consider how you communicate, your appearance, your ethics, professionalism and empathy towards others.
- Up skill – Challenge yourself and your team and allow them to do the best job possible by undertaking some form of training such as the Watts Price ‘Working on Your Business’ series (see details below and on our website).
- Time Management – Plan your year now. Block out periods that are critical for work e.g. tradeshows, conferences, large projects etc and your home life commitments. Take control of your diary before you get swamped!
- Communicate – Create clear and regular communication channels with your staff, clients and suppliers.
- The Right Team – Take stock of who are your exceptional performers and nurture them well. For those that are not ‘on the bus’ drop them off sooner rather than later.
- Fun – You spend a great deal of time at work so make it fun and enjoyable. A happy and motivated team is a productive and loyal team.
- Act! – You have set your goals and you have a number of projects on the go so make sure they get completed by setting timeframes, creating accountability and providing the necessary resources to get them done.
- Coaching – If you are serious about growing your business this year then seek external advice and guidance. The consultants at Watts Price have a range of skills to help you achieve the business and financial results you desire.
Richard Kemp – Watts Price Accountants
The advice provided on this Article is general advice only. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.